To improve caption accuracy for a scheduled Live Auto Captioning event, add a Wordlist of the proper nouns, terms, and phrases unique to your organization that may be commonly used during the event.
The words provided in the Wordlist will help inform the automated process and ultimately improve the accuracy of captions during the live event.
So, for example, if the process is unsure of what was spoken but the word is on the Wordlist, it will favor that word over other possibilities.
Note: 3Play's Live Auto Captioning service is completely automated, so here are some important tips to ensure your words are correctly added to our system:
- Words with 3 or fewer letters will be removed from the list.
- Three letter acronyms (TLAs) need to be entered with periods to be recognized; ie, TLA as T.L.A.
- Do not add words with special characters except for apostrophes and periods.
- Add full names and phrases whenever possible. If you add a full name, you do not need to add the first and last name separately.
- Wordlists should be under 75 items in length.
Follow the steps below to add a Wordlist to a Live Auto Captioning event.
Step 1- Schedule Live Auto Captioning in 3Play
Click Live Auto Captioning located at the top of the My Files page and schedule captions for the live event.
Step 2- Click Edit
A list of upcoming Live Auto Captioning events will display at the top of the page. Locate the event you would like to add a Wordlist for, then click Edit.
Step 3- Enable Wordlist for Event
Toward the bottom of the event options, tick the Include a wordlist checkbox.
Step 4- Provide a Wordlist
In the text box that appears, enter each word or phrase on a new line.
Step 5- Click Submit
Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page to save the Wordlist.