To upload your Wistia videos from within the 3Play Media application, you must first link your Wistia and 3Play Media accounts.
- See more information on linking your 3Play Media and Wistia accounts
Step 1 - Click Order Services
After logging into your 3Play Media project, click on Order Services located in the upper left-hand corner of the page.
Step 2 - Choose Main Service
Select the default service English Transcription and Captioning to have 3Play Media create your captions from scratch.
- Automated Speech Recognition (ASR) is also an option.
Step 3 - Select Turnaround Time
Next set your turnaround service level and click Continue.
Step 4 - Add Order Instructions (optional)
After selecting a turnaround service level, check the box if you want to include order instructions.
- Please note that the purpose of order instructions is not to provide instructions to inform the transcription process but only for providing spellings that are not easily researchable or cannot be inferred by content itself.
- Provide correct spellings of product names, people, technical vocabulary, acronyms, and other terminology occurring in the content that is unique, propriety, or not widely known to better help with the transcription process.
- Order instructions can be attached as a PDF or in a 500 character limit note.
- Click for more information regarding default project-level and folder-level order instructions
Once they have been provided, click Next.
Step 5 - Select Add-On Services: Audio Description & Vertical Caption Placement ( Optional )
Check the box next to Add Audio Description and/or Add Caption Placement under Add-On Services if you wish to to order these services.
- Once the box Add Audio Description is checked select one of three options: Standard Audio Description, Extended Audio Description, or Use 3Play’s Recommendation.
- You can learn more about the difference between Standard and Extended Audio Description by clicking here.
- If you are unsure as to whether your video will require Standard or Extended Audio Description, you can opt to Use 3Play’s Recommendation. Learn more about using 3Play’s Recommendation here.
- Click here to find more information regarding Audio Description
Vertical Caption Placement
- Note that Vertical Caption Placement may not be supported by all video players.
- Check the box Add Caption Placement under Add-On Services to also include this in the order.
- See more information regarding vertical caption placement
Step 7- Add Media Files to Order
Click Upload Files under your linked Wistia account and select the files to upload.
IMPORTANT: When using the search box, the name of the video must match perfectly in order to search for the correct Wistia video.
Step 8- Select Folder
Create a new folder where the media files in this order will reside, or select an existing folder.
- Note that files can be moved between folders within a 3Play Media project even before services are complete.
- Click for information regarding how to move files to different folders
Step 9- Review and Submit Order
Please review the services and turnaround times requested on the Finalize Order section of the form. Read the cancellation policy that displays on the right-hand side of the Finalize Order page.
After reviewing the order and cancelation policy click Submit to complete the ordering process.