There are two ways to upload Brightcove videos: (i) from your 3Play Media account or (ii) directly from your Brightcove account. This article explains the first way.
Step 1 - Click Order Services
After logging into your 3Play Media project, click on Order Services located in the upper left-hand corner of the page.
Step 2 - Choose Main Service
Select the default service English Transcription and Captioning to have 3Play Media create your captions from scratch.
- If you already have a transcript that you would like 3Play Media to sync with a Brightcove asset, select Alignment, here is more info on Alignment.
- Automated Speech Recognition (ASR) is also an option.
Step 3 - Select Turnaround Time
Next set your turnaround service level and click Continue.
Step 4 - Add Order Instructions (optional)
After selecting a turnaround service level, check the box if you want to include order instructions.
- Please note that the purpose of order instructions is not to provide instructions to inform the transcription process but only for providing spellings that are not easily researchable or cannot be inferred by content itself.
- Provide correct spellings of product names, people, technical vocabulary, acronyms, and other terminology occurring in the content that is unique, propriety, or not widely known to better help with the transcription process.
- Order instructions can be attached as a PDF or in a 500 character limit note.
- Click for more information regarding default project-level and folder-level order instructions
Once they have been provided, click Next.
Step 5 - Select Add-On Services: Audio Description & Vertical Caption Placement ( Optional )
Check the box next to Add Audio Description and/or Add Caption Placement under Add-On Services if you wish to to order these services.
- Once the box Add Audio Description is checked select one of three options: Standard Audio Description, Extended Audio Description, or Use 3Play’s Recommendation.
- You can learn more about the difference between Standard and Extended Audio Description by clicking here.
- If you are unsure as to whether your video will require Standard or Extended Audio Description, you can opt to Use 3Play’s Recommendation. Learn more about using 3Play’s Recommendation here.
- Click here to find more information regarding Audio Description
Vertical Caption Placement
- Check the box Add Caption Placement under Add-On Services to also include this in the order.
- See more information regarding vertical caption placement
Step 6 - Select Brightcove Video(s)
Click Choose Files in the Brightcove box.
Select the Brightcove video(s) to upload.
Click Add Files.
Step 7 - Select Folder Location
Select an existing folder to upload your content to or create a new folder for this batch.
Once a folder has been selected click Continue.
Step 8 - Review and Submit Order
Please review the services and turnaround times requested on the Finalize Order section of the form. Read the cancellation policy that displays on the right-hand side of the Finalize Order page.
After reviewing the order and cancelation policy click Submit to complete the ordering process.
Upon completion of the transcription process, the captions will be sent back automatically to the Brightcove asset if Postback Captions is enabled within the linked account's settings. View step 11 of the Brightcove integration setup article to learn more about caption Postback.