There are two ways to upload Brightcove videos: (i) from your 3Play Media account or (ii) directly from your Brightcove account. This article explains how to use tagged-based auto upload to submit captioning requests directly from within Brightcove.
After your Brightcove account has been linked with your 3Play Media account (a one time process), you can upload files to 3Play Media directly from your Brightcove account (without logging into your 3Play Media account). By tagging videos in your Brightcove account with the tag 3play, 3Play Media will know to automatically upload those videos for processing.
- Different turnaround service levels can be assigned by applying a variation of the 3play tags as detailed in Step 5.
- Videos can be tagged for Standard, Rush, Expedited, Same Day, and Extended turnaround service levels.
You will receive notification emails confirming successful uploads.
Please note that to submit captioning requests using tag based auto upload from your Brightcove account, this integration feature must be set to ON within your 3Play Media's linked account settings. If this feature was not enabled when the accounts were linked navigate to Upload > Linked Account > Select your linked Brightcove account > Settings. Once set to ON click Update. Please also note that the custom ingest profile in Brightcove must have a MP4 format set as default to be able to submit captioning requests.
Step 1- Log into Brightcove
Step 2- Click on the Media tab
To view your list of videos, click on the Media icon located on the left-hand side of the page.
Step 3- Select video for captioning
a. To tag single videos for captioning:
- Click on the name of your desired video. You will be redirected to the video's details page.
- Scroll down to "Video Information", then click "Edit"
- Add the appropriate tags into the "Tags" field. Then, click "Save".
b. To tag multiple videos at once:
- Check the box next to your desired videos.
- Click "Quick Edit", and a small pop-up will appear in the bottom right-hand corner of the page.
- To add a tag to multiple videos at once, use the "Tags to add" field to add your desired tag. Then, click "Save"
Step 5- Tags For Requesting Captions and Audio Descriptions
In the Tags field add (or type in) the tag 3play to submit the asset for the Standard four (4) business day turnaround service level. Once you have entered the tag click return/enter and tag the should become highlighted in blue.
Other turnaround service level tags for requesting English closed captions for Brightcove videos:
Add the following tags to assign a different turnaround time for your request.
- For Same Day turnaround (8 hours from upload), add the tag: 3play_same_day
- For Rush turnaround (1 business day), add the tag: 3play_rush
- For Expedited turnaround (2 business days), add the tag: 3play_expedited
- For Extended Turnaround (10 business days), add the tag: 3play_extended
- For 2 Hour turnaround (2 hours), add the tag 3play_two_hour
- For ASR Only service, add the tag 3play_asr
Turnaround service level tags for requesting Spanish closed captions for Brightcove videos:
If the speech in the source media is in Spanish and Spanish captions are desired use the following tags in Brightcove to submit content for our Spanish Transcription and Captioning Service:
- For Spanish Standard turnaround (4 business days) add the tag 3play_spanish
- For Spanish Extended turnaround (10 business days) add the tag 3play_spanish_extended
You can also order Audio Description (AD) from your Brightcove account, once the transcription process is complete. Use the following tags to order Audio Description (AD):
- For normal AD: 3play_ad
- For extended AD: 3play_extended_ad
Finally, you can also order Vendor Transcription services from your Brightcove account using tag based ordering. Captioning is available for a variety of languages. In addition, for languages that have variants (Portuguese example below), the localization must be added after the main language. The turnaround for the order must also be specified at the end of the tag, either for Standard or Rush turnaround. A full list of exact tags can be found by going to your Brightcove settings page in your Linked Accounts.
- "3play_vt_japanese_standard" for Standard Vendor transcription service (Japanese)
- "3play_vt_japanese_rush" for Rush Vendor transcription service (Japanese)
- "3play_vt_portuguese_portugal_standard" for Standard Vendor transcription service (Portuguese)
- "3play_vt_portuguese_portugal_rush" for Rush Vendor transcription service (Portuguese)
- "3play_vt_portuguese_brazil_standard" for Standard Vendor transcription service (Portuguese)
- "3play_vt_portuguese_brazil_rush" for Rush Vendor transcription service (Portuguese)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once the captioning process has begun, the 3play tags will be replaced with 3play_processed. Please note that the 3play_processed tag DOES NOT MEAN that the captions are complete!
Step 6- Click Save Changes
Once you have added a 3play tag to your video click Save and your Brightcove video will be submitted for closed captioning
You will receive an email from 3Play Media confirming that the files were successfully uploaded.
Please note that to have closed captions automatically added to a Brightcove video upon completion of the transcription process, Postback Captions must be turned On in the settings for the linked account associated with your Brightcove account.
- If this feature was not enabled when the accounts were linked navigate to Upload > Linked Account > Select your linked Brightcove CMS account > Settings. Once set Postback Captions is set to ON click Update.