Once the YouTube integration is set up, the Playlist Videos will default to displaying all videos uploaded to the YouTube channel that was linked, including Public, Unlisted, and Private. Public and Unlisted videos can be submitted for captioning over the YouTube integration. Private videos will display in the Playlist Videos feed, however they can't be submitted.
The following article explains how to change the videos displayed in the Playlist Videos thumbnail feed from the default feed to a specific YouTube Playlist that can be either Public or Unlisted.
Step 1 - Navigate to Your Linked YouTube Account Settings
After logging in to 3Play Media, click Linked Accounts located at the top of the page.
Next, click "Edit" under the correct YouTube Account to be redirected to that linked account's settings page within 3Play.
Step 2- Navigate to YouTube Playlist
In another tab, navigate to your YouTube playlist on the YouTube website. Your desired playlist can be Unlisted or Public. Copy the Playlist ID in the URL that comes after the "&list=".
Step 3- Navigate to Search Playlist ID Field
In the Search Playlist ID field, paste in the Playlist ID obtained in Step 2 and click Update.
Ordering from Playlists when Ordering in 3Play
Step 1- Log into 3Play Media
Step 2- Click Order Services
After logging into 3Play Media, click Order Services located on the upper, left-hand side of the My Files page.
Step 3- Select Service
Under Choose Main Service select Transcription & Captioning.
Step 4- Select Language
After selecting the service, select the language spoken within the media files that will be submitted for this order. Please select the language spoken (or predominately spoken) within the media files for this order.
- Selecting a language solely pertains to the transcription and captioning service.
IMPORTANT: This is not how a language is selected for ordering translation services.
- Click for more information regarding Translation services
Step 5- Select Turnaround Service Level
Next select the desired turnaround service level.
Step 6 - Add Order Instructions (optional)
After selecting a turnaround service level, check the box if you want to include order instructions.
Note that order instructions are optional. If order instructions are not necessary, simply click "Next".
- Please note that the purpose of order instructions is not to provide instructions to inform the transcription process but only for providing spellings that are not easily researchable or cannot be inferred by content itself.
- Provide correct spellings of product names, people, technical vocabulary, acronyms, and other terminology occurring in the content that is unique, propriety, or not widely known to better help with the transcription process.
- Order instructions can be attached as a PDF or in a 500 character limit note.
- Click for more information regarding default project-level and folder-level order instructions
Step 7- Order Additional Services (optional)
Next select any additional services to be applied to this order.
The services that are available are caption placement and audio description.
- Please note that these services will only apply to video files within the order. A mix of video and audio-only can be uploaded together however any these additional services when ordered for audio-only files will be rejected without costs being incurred.
- Although we offer audio description on YouTube files that come in, note that YouTube does not currently support audio description or audio description postback within the YouTube video player.
After selecting additional services, click Next.
Step 8- Select "Choose Files" under your desired YouTube Linked account
Step 9- Switch from "Public Videos" to "Playlist Videos"
Click the dropdown in the left-corner of the pop-up, then select "Playlist Videos".
From the dropdown, select Playlist Videos to see all the Unlisted, Public, and Private videos.
- Please note: Playlist Videos can only be searched by the YouTube Video ID and not by the Title of the video. Private Videos will be displayed in the Playlist Videos feed as grayed out but cannot be ordered for captioning. If you'd like a Private video captioned, you can switch the video to Unlisted on YouTube and once captions are finished, the privacy setting can be changed back if desired.
Click on the files you want to upload. When you have selected the files you want to upload to 3Play Media for transcription, click Add Files.
Step 10- Select folder location
Select an existing folder to upload your content to or create a new folder for this batch.
Once a folder has been selected click Continue.
Step 11- Review Order and Cancellation Policy
Review your order summary.
- If you notice in your summary you would like to if you would like to change the destination folder, turnaround time, service type, or selected media files please go back and make the desired changes BEFORE clicking Place Order
- Read the cancelation policy and check the box acknowledging that you have read the policy.
Step 12- Review and Submit Order
Please review the services and turnaround times requested on the Finalize Order section of the form. Read the cancellation policy that displays on the right-hand side of the Finalize Order page.
After reviewing the order and cancelation policy click Submit to complete the ordering process.