In this article, we'll explain how to order captions in the language of your video, and then have those captions translated into other languages. For example, you might be wondering:
- "I have a video in English that I want captioned in English and translated into Spanish."
- "I have a video in Spanish that I want captioned in Spanish and translated into English, Japanese, and Russian."
- "I have a video in German that I want captioned in German and translated into English and Spanish."
For this article, we'll use the first example: How to have a video with English dialogue captioned in English and translated into Spanish.
The key to remember here is that this actually involves two separate orders: a transcription order and a translation order.
(If you needed translations into multiple languages, you would place a separate translation order for each language)
To have a video captioned/transcribed in English, and then also have the English captions translated to Spanish, you would take the following steps:
1. First, you can place a transcription order via these instructions and select English as the language.
2. Then, once that order is complete, you can place a English > Spanish translation order via these instructions.
Once both orders are complete, you'll have captions available in both languages!