Before ordering services it is best practice to configure both Transcription and Audio Description project settings.
- Click for more information regarding Transcription Settings
- Click for more information regarding Audio Description Settings
NOTE: Links must point to downloadable files that are transferred over HTTP.
Links must end with a media file extension.
- YouTube links are also supported as long as they link directly to the video and are set to either public or unlisted. 3Play Media Cannot process private Youtube videos.
- Examples of links that can be processed:
Click for more information about supported formats and codecs.
Follow the steps below to order Transcription & Captioning services for media files from within your 3Play Media project using links.
Step 1 - Click Order Services
After logging into 3Play Media, click Order Services located on the upper, left-hand side of the My Files page.
Step 2 - Select Service
Under Choose Main Service select Transcription & Captioning.
Step 3 - Select Language
After selecting the service, select the language spoken within the media files that will be submitted for this order. Please select the language spoken (or predominately spoken) within the media files for this order.
Selecting a language solely pertains to the transcription and captioning service.
IMPORTANT: This is not how a language is selected for ordering translation services.
Click for more information regarding Translation services
Step 4 - Select Turnaround Service Level
Next select the desired turnaround service level.
Click for more information regarding turnaround service levels
Step 5 - Add Order Instructions (optional)
After selecting a turnaround service level, check the box if you want to include order instructions.
Note that order instructions are optional so click Next without checking the box, should they not be necessary.
Please note that the purpose of order instructions is not to provide instructions to inform the transcription process but only for providing spellings that are not easily researchable or cannot be inferred by content itself.
- Provide correct spellings of product names, people, technical vocabulary, acronyms, and other terminology occurring in the content that is unique, propriety, or not widely known to better help with the transcription process.
- Order instructions can be attached as a PDF or in a 500 character limit note.
Click for more information regarding default project-level and folder-level order instructions
Once they have been provided, click Next.
Step 6 - Order Additional Services optional
Next select any additional services to be applied to this order.
The services that are available are caption placement and audio description.
- Please note that these services will only apply to video files within the order. A mix of video and audio-only can be uploaded together however any these additional services when ordered for audio-only files will be rejected without costs being incurred.
After selecting additional services, click Next.
Step 7 - Add Files from Links
Click Add Files from Links and then paste the links in the available field.
Step 8 - Select Folder
Create a new folder for where the media files for this order will reside or select an existing folder to store these orders.
Please note that files can be moved between folders within a 3Play Media project even before services are complete.
Click for information regarding how to move files to different folders
Step 9 - Review and Submit Order
Please review the services and turnaround times requested on the Finalize Order section of the form. Read the cancellation policy that displays on the right-hand side of the Finalize Order page.
After reviewing the order and cancelation policy click Submit to complete the ordering process.